Free CME Webinar, Important EPL Case Studies, and the Dangers of Copy and Pasting
Feb 27, 2023
Case Studies Illustrate the Impact of Inappropriate Workplace Behavior
Harassment and discrimination affect health care just like any other workplace. The case studies below explore situations where inappropriate behavior led to litigation. How would you have handled the scenarios?
- A Boss with a Discrimination Reputation: A patient care assistant’s request to accommodate a shift change was ignored.
- Declining Performance: A patient service coordinator, whose performance review reflected unacceptable performance prior to her termination, alleged racial discrimination.
- Was Age an Issue?: A 64-year-old female registered nurse alleged that her 29-year-old manager purposely hired a young woman for an open position and commented about that new hire's youthful appearance.
- Mishandling a Disability: A researcher’s request for an accommodation leads to a HIPAA violation and later termination.
- Inappropriate Behavior, Insincere Apology: A nurse’s return to work is disrupted by unwanted attention from a physician colleague.
A Mismanaged Virtual Visit
Related To: Claims, Communication, Emergency Medicine, Nursing, Surgery, Telehealth
Copy and Paste in the Medical Record: A Top EHR Danger
Related To: Diagnosis, Documentation, EHR
Copying and pasting can improve efficiency, but may bring unintended patient safety risks. Those risks include documentation in the wrong medical record and propagation of outdated information in the intended record. CRICO invites you to join us Thursday, March 2, 2023, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm EST for a live CME webinar, Understanding Documentation Risks in Malpractice Cases.