HMS Masters in Healthcare Quality and Safety
The following is a selected list of content from the CRICO website that offers an overview of the work undertaken by CRICO and similar organizations. For additional content, visit the CRICO home page (www.rmf.harvard.edu)
Overview of the company’s mission and organizational structure
Malpractice case studies
Chronology of an adverse event and lessons learned, based on (de-identified) actual events
List of top U.S. organizations involved in malpractice insurance and patient safety
About the AMC PSO
Background on CRICO’s patient safety organization
Patient Safety Alerts
Peer-reviewed recommendations for process improvement based on work by the AMC PSO
Malpractice Data Reports
In-depth analyses of health care areas at high risk for patient harm and allegations of malpractice
Brief essays on contemporary patient safety and risk management issue
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the AMC PSO?
- Is an apology after an adverse event treated as an admission of negligence?
- Are residents, fellows, and medical students exempt from malpractice claims?
- Do practice guidelines help or hurt the defense of a malpractice claim?
- How should I decide what to disclose in the consent process?
- What should I do if a patient refuses testing needed to rule out life-threatening conditions?
- What should be stated or written if the standard of previous care is questioned?