CRICO offers employment practices liability coverage as part of its association liability program.
EPL Insurance Coverage Overview
EPL coverage responds to allegations of wrongful acts arising from the employment process including:
- Harassment (including sexual harassment)
- Wrongful termination, etc.
Unlike our medical malpractice program, employees are typically the plaintiffs in EPL cases with CRICO member organizations as the defendants (and in some cases individuals such as managers/supervisors).
What to Expect
In addition to protection, CRICO is expanding its EPL risk reduction program and best practices program much in the same way it has done with the medical malpractice program. CRICO codes its adverse events cases and as such is able to glean insights and patterns from the resulting data. CRICO has invested in the following:
- Enhanced its taxonomy to include a strong set of EPL codes.
- Begun convening members and using a variety of forums to discuss EPL risks and disseminate best practices.
- Shared those learnings in the form of podcasts, case studies, data and guidelines on this website.
- Enhanced the CRICO RAP process to assess both medical malpractice vulnerabilities as well as EPL risks.