The AMC PSO strives to act as a national convener of clinicians and health care organizations in an effort to promote patient safety by focusing on specific quality and safety initiatives, including:
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Information
- Convening Sessions
- Adverse Event and Near-Miss Reporting
AMC PSO members have access to the Root Cause Analysis Information Exchange (RCAIE) application.
Related Patient Safety Links
Visit these sites to find out more about patient safety:
- Patient Safety Organization page of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the agency which administers the provisions of the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act.
- Alliance for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, a voice for the PSO community to enhance quality improvement activities.
- American Medical Association’s PSO page, which outlines how this organization is embracing and encouraging physicians in patient safety initiatives.
Long Stay Critical Care ED Boarding
Related To: Communication, Diagnosis, Emergency Medicine, Insight and Publications, Medication, Nursing, Teamwork Training, Telehealth
Jennifer Clair MacCready
DNP, RN, AHCNS-BC
Senior Patient Safety Program Director, AMC PSO
Jennifer is the Patient Safety program director who supports your organization. You can contact her directly with any questions or concerns.