“Health system mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and affiliations can expose patients to significant, unintended harm if clinical leaders do not adequately plan for and manage safety risks,” wrote the author. This Captive Insurance article also shared the Patient Safety During System Expansion tools that readers could download from the Ariadne Labs web site, as well as on the CRICO web site.”
Citation for the Full-text Article
Harvard releases patient safety tools for health system M&A. Captive Insurance News. April 10, 2018.
- Health System Expansions Can Pose Safety Risks
- Harvard Experts Release New Tools to Protect Patient Safety During Health System Mergers and Acquisitions [press release]
- Hospital Mergers or Acquisitions May Cause Short-Term Patient Safety Issues.
- The Risks to Patient Safety From Health System Expansions [original study]
- Patient Safety Discussion Toolkit for System Expansion [toolkit download]
- Viewpoint: Why Hospital Mergers Raise Patient Safety Problems