If you are interested in providing an educational activity in which the learners can receive CME credits, follow the steps below. You will be directed to the CRICO learning management system (LMS) to submit your proposal and relevant activity materials.
Six Weeks Before You Begin Your Activities
In considering requests to sponsor continuing medical education activities, the following guidelines have been developed.
- Active participation of a CRICO Patient Safety Department staff member in the planning and/or teaching process.
- Explicit identification of practice gap(s) of CRICO-insured physicians supported by CRICO malpractice data.
- Clear alignment with CRICO’s overall mission and consistent with the malpractice target areas.
Four Weeks Before You Begin Your Activities
Send all of the following documents for approval:
Notify the CRICO Education Administrators with names and contact information for any new faculty and course planners
- CRICO/RMF must insure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all its educational activities. All faculty, their spouses or partners, course directors, and planners participating in any CRICO/RMF program must disclose any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest that may have a direct bearing on the subject matter of an activity. All faculty and planner disclosure information must be available for approval with the course proposal.
- All faculty changes must be approved by the Office of CME prior to the activity. CRICO/RMF cannot sponsor any activity that does not have complete information.
- CRICO/RMF will not consider sponsorship of activities when there is not enough time to review all disclosure information.
In the LMS, update the following as needed:
- Course presentations and relevant course materials
- Intended invitations and promotional materials for each session
- Changes to agenda with times, location and title of activity
First Day of Each Month
- Email the CRICO Education Administrators with dates of new activities for the month. Please include the date, time, location and agenda (if changed)
- All additional activity dates must be sent to the prior to the activity to be eligible for CME sponsorship. CME credit cannot be provided retroactively.
During Each Activity
- Share Resolution of Conflict of Interest Form (ROI) either in paper form or on slide prior to the start of the activity. This notice will be provided by the Office of CME.
- Provide a sign-in mechanism for participants with credentials listed (written sign in or electronic)
Thirty Days after the Activity
Enter into the CRICO LMS:
- Complete attendance for each activity (physicians, nurses, technicians, faculty and others who participated in the activity)
- A summary of activity evaluations
- Actual budget with final expenses (if applicable)
- Copies of all handouts and course materials