CRICO’s RFA Grant Program
It is a long-standing practice of CRICO’s to reinvest in our insured providers by inviting them to submit grant proposals through an annual Request for Applications (RFA) grant program. Broadly, this program supports the identification, evaluation, and implementation of patient safety solutions aligned with identified areas of medical malpractice risk.
If you are involved in an active RFA, find our RFA application process on our Grants RFA Details page. This program is open to all CRICO member organizations and clinicians and employees at these institutions may apply.
Start or view your grant submission here.
CRICO Attribution Statements and Policy
Use the Attribution Statements Policy (PDF) to properly cite CRICO/RMF in publications of research that are:
- high participation
- research done independently
- no funding
CRICO’s Grant Funding in Action
CRICO’s grant-funded projects continue to stimulate research and patient safety interventions intended to improve the quality and safety of patient care. Past grant awards have developed interventions that have made a distinct impact on improving patient safety to include improvements is surgical safety, enhancements to patient electronic health records, and using artificial intelligence to augment diagnostic procedures.
Download this overview of CRICO grant-funded projects from 2016 to present.
Spotlighted Grant-funded Projects
- Impact of an Epic-integrated Safety Dashboard and Interactive Pre-discharge Checklist on Post-discharge Adverse Events
- Dr. Raul Uppot’s: A Verbal Electronic Surgical Safety Checklist for the Intensive Care Unit
- Dr. Mitchell Feldman’s: Artificial Intelligence to Enhance a Cognitive Aid for Identifying Patients at Risk of Missed Diagnosis
- Dr. Mara Schonberg’s: Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Among Women 40–49 in Primary Care