Raul Uppot, a radiologist at MGH, told CNBC that “in one case a patient was listening in to the safety checklist via a voice application right before going under. The patient had an allergy to latex, a fact that was missing from the medical record, but was addressed thanks to the checklist.” Uppot added, “That might have averted disaster, as the surgeons had intended to use latex gloves.”
Citation for the Full-text Article
Farr C. Hospitals are looking for the killer Amazon Alexa app. CNBC. June 18, 2017.