- If the physician does not concur with the patient regarding the presence of a mass, confirm that routine screening is up to date. Advise the patient to return if her concern or symptoms persist or change.
- If pregnant or not cycling monthly—but not later than two months—refer to a breast specialist.
- Patients should be informed about their options for image-guided core needle biopsy.
- Consider referral to surgeon for excision of mass >2cm.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ or invasive cancer.
More CRICO Guidelines or Algorithms
CRICO decision support tools.
General Informed Consent Guidelines
A document to assist institutions in reviewing policies, procedures and forms relative to obtaining and documenting informed consent.
Challenge: Take the OB Clinical Guidelines Test
Take this test and see if you already follow these best practices from the Obstetrical Services of the CRICO-insured Institutions.
OB Guideline 15: Assessment and Monitoring in Labor and Delivery
During prenatal care, the clinician and patient will discuss common events and procedures in labor, including methods of assessing fetal well-being.
Obstetrics Guidelines Listing
Easily navigate this web-based version of the OB guidelines 1-35 and the sample form appendices A-H. The OB Guidelines PDF is also available on this page if you want to read or print it in booklet form. (2022 version available)